Thursday, September 06, 2007

Life and talent

One of my favorite quotes is by Oscar Wilde:
"I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works."

One of my favorite movies, "Mr. Holland's Opus", strikes a very similar theme.

To me, both the quote and the movie invite you to consider how much you value people and relationships. It seems that a biblical view of the world (i.e. the foundation of reality, the triune God, is inherently relational and that man is made in His image), consistently leads the Christian to a greater appreciation and love for his neighbor.

The small group that I am a part of has taught me a great deal about love, relationships, and the nature of reality. I am thankful to my friends for shaping who I am and helping me see God's desire and intent for both the world and individual relationships more clearly.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You blogged! I LOVE your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) indeed
    you blog wise
    alas if only you blogged twice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your report when you return. Love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete